Corporate Governance Statement
Our Corporate Governance Statement sets out the key features of our governance framework and discloses the extent to which we have followed the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendation (ASX Recommendations).
We regularly review our corporate governance practices and policies against the requirements of both the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act) and the Listing Rules of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), and current best practice.
In FY21 we completed a review of our governance documents and are pleased to be able to report that the majority of our governance practices align to the 4th edition of the ASX Recommendations.
Our Corporate Governance Statement is accurate and current as at the date of this annual report and has been approved by the Board.
Our Corporate Governance Statement can found on our website here.
IMDEX Code of Conduct
Our IMDEX Code of Conduct (the Code) provides a framework for our decisions and actions and outlines the standard of conduct expected of everyone who works for or on behalf of the Company. All employees are expected to be familiar with and understand the Code and complete training regarding the key areas on an annual basis. The Code is endorsed by our Board and Executive Leadership Team and is reviewed and updated regularly to support the growth of our business.
Supplier Code of Conduct
We are committed to transparent, safe, and ethical procurement practices. Our aim is to partner with like-minded suppliers to help us deliver leading solutions that enhance our clients’ operations. To achieve this, we have developed a Supplier Code of Conduct, which clearly sets out our minimum expectations of suppliers, their subsidiaries, and subcontractors (suppliers). The Supplier Code of Conduct aligns with our Corporate Governance Polices, company values and internal expected behaviours. Central to these polices, values and behaviours is:
- Safety for employees, contractors, clients, suppliers, and the public
- Compliant and ethical business practices
- Diversity and human rights
- Protecting the environment and communities in which we operate
- Respect, transparency, and support to speak-up.
We may choose not to work with, or cease to work with, suppliers who do not meet these minimum expectations.
Our IMDEX Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct can be found on our website here.
Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Certification
To safeguard the ongoing ethical and compliant operation of our global business, all employees are required to complete an Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Certification annually. This involves employees:
- Certifying that they have read and understand IMDEX’s Speak Up Policy, Code of Conduct and the Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy
- Confirming that, to the best of their knowledge, they have been compliant with the Code, the two Policies and all applicable laws and regulations
- Completing a conflict of interest declaration and updating this declaration if their circumstances change
This process aims to ensure that all relevant risks are being adequately reported and addressed and provides another confidential means for employees to communicate potential breaches or concerns.
Our Speak-Up Policy supports our Code of Conduct and is designed to ensure that:
- We maintain the highest standards of corporate governance and ethical conduct across all our operations
- Our Company is a safe, respectful, and inclusive place to work
All employees are encouraged to ask questions, query, and report actual or suspected violations of our Code of Conduct or other IMDEX Polices without fear of retribution.
Several methods are provided for making confidential reports. In the first instance employees are encouraged to report any matters of concern directly to their manager or supervisor. Alternatively, they can make a report via phone, email, mail or anonymously through our reporting platform, IntegraCall®. IntegraCall® is multilingual and can be accessed anytime from any mobile or device using either the mobile app or the web portal.
We are committed to ensuring that:
- All matters that are reported will be treated respectfully and confidentially
- Any investigations will be conducted in a timely manner and will be fair and independent from any persons to whom the disclosure relates
- No one will suffer any detriment as a result of making a report.
Our Speak-up Policy can be found on our website here.
We are committed to providing all stakeholders with transparent and genuine engagement to enhance and support their experience with our products and business globally.
Further information on how we engage and collaborate with stakeholders is provided in our FY21 Sustainability Report.