We are committed to enhancing disclosure and accessibility of information relating to our impacts on the economy, environment and society that indicate our contribution to sustainable development.
In December 2019, our Company established an ESG Committee that was endorsed by the Board and Executive Leadership Team. The Committee is taking a step-wise approach to ensure consistent, quality and relevant information is provided, however, its key objective is preparing a Sustainability Report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative within three years.
We will also consider our Company’s climate risk against the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations. In FY20 we engaged Umwelt – environmental and social consultants – to undertake a TCFD gap analysis. This analysis, together with a materiality study, will be used to establish the ESG Committee’s objectives and initiatives for FY21.
SUPPORTING THE SUSTAINABILITY OF OUR CLIENTS OPERATIONS
Our products and technologies are designed tonenhance efficiency, productivity and safety whilenreducing costs and environmental impact.
Examples of positive contributions to sustainable operations include:
- Reduced water consumption
- Reduced site footprint and risk of environmental contamination
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced transportation to and from site
- Availability of biodegradable packaging
- Dust suppression
- Enhanced safety, for site personnel and wildlife
SUPPORTING POLICIES AND DOCUMENTS
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy
- Audit Risk and Compliance Committee Charter
- Board Charter
- Compliance Framework
- Continuous Disclosure Policy
- Corporate Governance Statement
- Procedure for Evaluation of the Board Committees and Directors
- Remuneration Policy
- Remuneration and Nomination Committee Charter
- Diversity Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Securities Trading Policy
- Shareholder Communications Policy
- Speak-Up Policy
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Sustainability Policy
Environmental benefits of AMC Heli-portable solids removal unit recognised in arctic tundra
Our AMC HP SRU™ reduced the risk of environmental contamination, reduced water consumption and increased efficiencies on an environmentally restricted site in the North West Territories, Canada.
- Reduced water consumption by 77%
- Reduced associated pump wear and tear and fuel costs
- Improved drill cuttings management, limiting risk of spills
- Reduced volume of landfill waste
- Reduced warm water flow back to the lake for minimal impact on the ice
- Minimised transportation costs and runs
- Allowed drilling in an environmentally sensitive location, restricted by permits
- Improved productivity by reducing frozen water pipes and overflowing tanks
- Environmental benefits recognized by government environmental inspectors.
The SRU™ has substantially lowered our water content; this both reduces the volume of material transported from the rig and reduces the potential of suspended solids to run off in fresh surface waters.
Dave Cox, Site Geologist - Aurora Geoscience
AMC SRU™ saves 147,000L of water in 20 days in Chile
An exploration drilling project located on a mountainous site in Chile was hindered by limited water supply and high logistical costs. Water had to be carted by trucks 240km to the project site. Our AMC SRU™ assisted by reducing water, mud and cartage costs.
- US $36,120 minimum saving (20 day trial period)
- 60% reduction in water usage (147,500L in 20 days)
- 65% reduction in cartage costs
- 70% reduction in mud usage
- Enhanced operational efficiency and productivity
IMDEX is proud of its role in improving the ESG position of its clients within the mining industry. We are committed to both our disclosure of ESG related risks and opportunities. We continue to support the sustainability of our clients’ operations.
PAUL HOUSE - IMDEX CEO