We have a clear and consistent strategy to achieve sustainable earnings growth, which includes:
- Growing our core business by enhancing technical leadership and building an integrated product offering that provides greater value to all clients; and
- Further extension into the larger adjacent mining market to increase our less-cyclical revenue.
Key elements of this strategy include strategic acquisitions, ongoing disciplined research and development and industry collaboration. Our strong financial position, advanced development capabilities, established global presence and strong leadership team support the ongoing success of this strategy.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS AND GROWTH INITIATIVES FOR FY21
Our priority projects for FY21 include building on our integrated real-time rock knowledge offering for clients, converting client trials with COREVIBE™and XTRACTA™ to commercial rentals, continuing to progress the development of MAGHAMMER™ and commercialising Mining technologies for Drill & Blast applications – including IMDQEX BLASTDOG™.
We will also focus on integrating aiSIRIS and marketing this new technology via our global network.
At the same time we will continue to focus on:
- Improving our safety performance;
- Streamlining our operations and managing costs; and
- Maintaining a resilient business that can deliver sustainable and growing returns to shareholders.
There are multiple factors that can lead to asset impairment during the mining life cycle, from exploration through to operations. However a significant factor Is insufficient rock knowledge or ore body knowledge. The scale of these losses and their preventable nature in the resource sector provides a strong case for placing a high value on having the right information at the right time.
DAVE LAWIE - IMDEX CHIEF GEOSCIENTIST