Our HSE team partners with all stakeholders to provide trusted advice, support regional needs and uphold global standards to eliminate work-related injuries and illness.
Key safety initiatives implemented throughout FY19 included:
Global implementation of iAuditor – a digital safety management tool to drive HSE engagement; and
Greater visibility of safety performance measures for all employees including our strengths and areas for improvement.
As a result of iAuditor and a focus on greater safety awareness, safety alerts raised by employees increased in FY19. Our iAuditor participation score for FY19 was 52% and iAuditor safety engagement score was 2.6. Our iAuditor participation and engagement targets for FY20 are 75% and 6 respectively.
An overview of our priorities and initiatives within our safety strategy for FY20 is set out below:
Demonstrating visible safety leadership throughout the organisation
- Safety target engagement scores
- Scheduled communications
Embedding systematic solutions to identify, eliminate or manage risks
- An Integrated Management System (IMS) that incorporates all IMDEX support functions
Fostering the development of attitudes and beliefs that support safe behaviour to achieve a positive safety culture
- Regional IMS compliance audits
- Additional iAuditor templates to enhance the efficiency of safety compliance and reporting
Developing HSE capability and competence to identify and manage hazards effectively to prevent injuries
- Enhance existing HSE employee training modules
- QHSE MS fundamentals course
- Regional incident investigation training – incident cause analysis method
- Regional lead auditors training
- A global manual handling initiative
- ISO 9001: 2015 standard (Quality Management System)
- OHSAS: 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
IMDEX Lost Time Injuries
Our LTIFR target for FY20 is an improvement on 2.52 and ultimately, zero harm to all employees and stakeholders through the systematic management of risk.
During FY19 our company achieved a Lost Time Incident Frequency Rate (LTIFR) of 2.52, a 2% improvement on the previous year (FY18 LTIFR: 2.57).
While we did not achieve our target of 2.18, we continued to consolidate and build on the significant safety improvements achieved in FY18 – a 20% improvement on FY17.
iAuditor is an inspection App that will help us raise safety and quality standards across our global business. The highly-customisable App and web platform will enable us to collect consistent data, standardise operations, send digital reports, identify failed areas and get problems resolved – from anywhere on any device at any time. Our ability to drive and measure HSE engagement across all facets of our business, tailored for their work environment, has never been greater.
Key benefits and features of iAuditor include:
- A user-friendly design;
- Real-time incident reporting;
- Elimination of paper-based checklists, inspections and forms;
- Simplified processes, greater efficiency and actions automatically linked to our Quality Alert System;
- Multiple languages including English, German, Portuguese and Spanish; and
- Flexibility to customise for region-specific needs.
“We are working towards best-practice safety – even when no-one is watching. Our senior leadership team is committed to making safety front of mind for our employees and IMDEX community – at home, at work, travelling and on site. We aim to go beyond being safe because we are told to – we aim to be safe because we understand the risks and intrinsically value doing things a better way.”
IMDEX CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER